Bacon-Wrapped Grilled Quail with Bourbon-Pepper Jelly Glazed
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse
Everything's Better with Bacon
- Season each quail with 1/8 teaspoon of the salt and 1/8 teaspoon of the pepper. Wrap the bacon around the quail and secure with a toothpick.
- Preheat a grill to medium-low.
- In a bowl whisk the pepper jelly, bourbon, and Worcestershire sauce until smooth.
- Place the bacon-wrapped quail on the grill and cook, turning frequently, for 10 to 12 minutes, or until bacon is beginning to caramelize in places and the quail have grill marks on all sides. Brush the quail with the glaze and continue turning, glazing, and cooking until birds are nicely glazed and grilled on all sides and the flesh is just cooked through, about 10 minutes longer.
- Set aside to rest briefly before serving 2 quail per person.